Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Summer Bargain.

The temperature reached 82 today her in New York City, for the first time ALL season. I don't know what it is about the sun and the heat that makes my mom in a spending mood. I can't lie, I'm the same, Haha. Anyways, I went out because I'm loaded with boots and this weather scared the living hell out of me - I don't have much summer footwear, unless their 5 inch wooden heels or high wedge espadrilles. I have about 4 pairs of flat gladiators & flat sandals, but they are all from last year and frankly, I'm tired of seeing them. 

The one thing I do need are a pair of FLATS. I love my tall heels, but when you live here, and your constantly taking the subway and walking much, you need something comfortable and chic. I went out to the "hood" today and I noticed how none of these stores that are up to my budget attract me anymore. I can't seem to find anything I like. I really wish I'd like something so my mother doesn't have to waist 50 dollars and above for flats/sandals on Aldo or Steve Madden. But, my fashion senses are beaming, LOL. Fashion school has taught me well. (*wink)

Well, in that case I just didn't buy any flats or sandals at all, I rather wait for better options. BUT, I did so some summer bargain. My mother loves fedoras on me but, I'm so insecure about wearing them. I feel like people might think it looks ridiculous on me, because I've never wore one before . . . EVER! Any who, my mother convinced me to get one beautiful coffee toned straw fedora, wrapped in a black ribbon and guess what I LOVE IT. Then I saw a medium sized straw flap bag, that was just to adorable for words and I had to get it for the summer. 

What are some of YOUR personal favorite summer pieces?

Straw Bag-$12.99 ; Fedora Hat-$12.95

No comments:

Post a Comment