Saturday, April 23, 2011

The Battle of Urbanism and Glamour.

I had an interesting day yesterday.

It was Good Friday and I already felt guilty for going out on a "mourning day", but I had fun. My friends and I headed to Union Square and ate delicious Vietnamese food and I tried my first French Crepe. TO DIE FOR.

We walked all the way to SoHo and passed by NYU where we saw some really interesting people. There was this one guy in particular, and I really wanted to take a picture of him but I'm new at this and I can still be a little shy about invading other people's privacy. But my friend Gladys had balls and did it. He was actually sweet.

I bought LUSH cosmetics, which I love. Their natural, handmade and all are imported from Canada. You guys should try them. I bought Tea Tree Water and a Vanishing Cream because I have really oily, acne prone skin. I just LOVE LOVE LOVE their stuff. You guys should check it out at www.lush.com.

Anyways, yesterday I took notice of something. I love walking around SoHo and I love the fast life; I love my city. And as enamored with high-fashion and elegance as I am, I noticed that
is hard to be glam in such an urban place.

I think that being part of a middle class family with the "regular" financial issues and growing up taking trains, and running to catch the bus or walking 15 blocks so that we don't have to waist taxi money is just a part of that. Your style reflects your lifestyle, and so when I wear knee high tie-up boots with a thrift metallic leather and a printed scarf, I'm not aiming to look like a "rock star", I'm just trying to keep up my style with my daily life's routine. How can I look good and still live this life? I need to find a balance between street and style and glamour and a fast paced life. I'm on a mission but i'll find my own style sometime. Let me figure myself out first.

No comments:

Post a Comment