Saturday, June 4, 2011

Curves Ahead!

Brava Franca Sozzani, Brava!!!! I'm so excited about this post. I can't help but make it personal. Vogue Italia's June 2011 cover is graced with the beauty of full-figured women, who are absolutely stunning. I'm so happy to see this generation accept the idea that not every beautiful body fits into a size 0. These plus sized models have more personality than most models I've seen and their beauty is mind-blowing; out of this world. I haven't seen many covers her in the U.S (most certainly not in VOGUE US) with full-figured women in their covers. Editorials, yeah - but not many covers (that I know of, of course). Anyways, I just love the idea that editors are realizing that they don't have to support obesity, but rather, HEALTHY CURVES. 

Posing in sexy lingerie, Tara Lynn, Candice Huffine, and Robin Lawley (sounds american, huh?) were styled by Edward Enninful and beautifully photographed by Steven Miesel. I am definitely taking a trip to Borders or Barnes and Noble to find me this issue and look at the editorials. CAN'T WAIT!!!! Do you guys love the vintage sex appeal to this cover or WHAT!!!!???


Credits: thefashionspot.

No comments:

Post a Comment